Technical Project Manager
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
The Technical Project Manager works with business partners to identify and implement multiple technical projects of varying sizes, as defined by Company methodologies, such as broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development, building enterprise applications, or data warehouse planning and development. Manages projects at least $1M in size or equal complexity. Directs system analysts, software designers, and programmers to determine the best methods to achieve project objectives. Works with moderate guidance and is responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems. Operates within defined parameters using project management methodology.
How you will make an impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Manages the development of a prescribed planning document; develops project charter.
• Partners with sponsors to secure project approval.
• Develops a communication management plan.
• Defines project team roles and responsibilities, and develops work plan structure and project schedule.
• Develops deployment plan; leads project meetings; identifies, documents, and prioritizes scope changes and facilitates approval process; maintains and updates all project documents.
• Secures the appropriate skill sets for the project.
• Sets and manages expectations with resource managers and team members.
• Provides performance feedback to team members and resource managers; maintains issue log; facilitates resolution of issues; executes communication plans.
• Regularly reports the status of reports; manages and monitors ROI throughout the project lifecycle; tracks and manages time and budget against plan; develops testing strategy; conducts project close-out activities; prepares and participates in quality review checkpoints; obtain/secure and archive necessary approvals; manage and update the project plan.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Requires a BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field of study and a minimum of 5 years of project management experience in broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development, and/or building enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and development with 2 years spent working in a lead role on one or more projects; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
• Experience needed in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiating, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment, and communicating effectively at all levels of an organization.
• Requires experience working with project management tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required.
• Project Management Professional certification (PMP) is strongly preferred.
• Experience working with portfolio management applications and Rational tools is strongly preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below location, the salary* range for this specific position is $109,056 to $163,584
Location: New York City, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.