Carelon Sales Executive
Location: Hybrid, 0-3 times/month in office with travel as needed
A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, myNEXUS is the leader in health resource optimization, focused on transforming how healthcare is delivered and promoting the advancement of care for the people we serve. Responsible for driving growth by directing sales and retention strategy for the health services which Carelon offers as a high value proposition for its customers.
How you will make an impact:
- Partners with leadership to identify sales opportunities and meet growth objectives for the business.
- Understands all aspects of the business and partners with executive leadership to define strategy and successful criteria for the future.
- Establishes, builds, and nurtures executive level relationships at targeted accounts that ultimately yield additional opportunities to introduce Carelon solutions.
- Articulates and introduces specific solutions to new customers that leverage multiple assets across Carelon business units.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of visibility within industry groups and ecosystem and establish a high level of fluency in emerging and impactful industry developments.
- Translates strategy into defined tactics, programs/projects priorities, and timelines and ensures alignment and attainment of enterprises strategic plans to turn strategy into reality.
- Collaborates with and influences product development strategies by representing the voice of the customer for assigned segment.
- Identifies, pursues, and closes net new opportunities and accounts that contribute to the annual net new external sales target.
- Directs and coordinates account sales activities related to varied health services products of the business units within Carelon to include behavioral health, data analytics, care delivery, wound care, etc.
- Develops strategies and executes sales plans to achieve membership growth and financial goals.
- Supports account finalist opportunities for new sales and account management.
- Documents strategic priorities such as external environment and reports on customer insight research initiatives as they are discovered in the selling cycle.
- Builds and leverages C-suite level relationships to provide innovative solutions to complex business problems in the home health/post acute care market.
- Proposes opportunities to improve results based on continuous needs assessment.
- Collaborates with Product /Solution teams to inform the development of offerings to meet customer/segment needs and communicate these effectively.
- Consistently build and manage a sales pipeline.
- Ability to build aggressive strategic communication plans as part of sales activities.
- Requires a BS/BA degree in related field with a minimum of 10 years related experience to include senior sales experience and a minimum of 3 years experience in strategic planning; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Sales license required as defined by legal requirements.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- A minimum of 7 years experience in home health and/or post acute care market strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of health insurance sales strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel is strongly preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $144,960 to $260,928
Locations: Colorado; Nevada, Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.