Title: Workforce Development MGR
Location: Eastern Tennessee | Middle Tennessee; candidate must reside in posted state all other states will be declined.
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
The Workforce Development MGR is responsible for provider support and oversight as it relates to workforce development, staff training, and retention of the Direct Support Professional (DSP) workforce. Serves as an integral team member of the statewide collaborative Workforce Development initiative. Provides Workforce Development consulting support and technical assistance to provider organizations. Supports the implementation of provider incentives and/ or recognition for expansion of services and for implementation of innovative WFD strategies, improving quality and maintaining a sufficient workforce.
How you will make an impact:
• Partners with consultative and technical assistance team members to develop and execute Workforce Development Plans.
• Assist providers with workforce development activities.
• routinely monitors and evaluates provider progress on workforce development activities and identifies opportunities for improvement.
• collects workforce data.
• serves as the main point of contact for providers, handling day to day activities and follow-up with providers.
• Conducts seminars to support the understanding of Workforce Development strategies, initiatives, and collaborations.
• Develops and educates on network recruitment and retention strategies to ensure the retention and maintenance of high quality contracted Direct Support Professionals.
• Identifies, researches, and analyzes economic and professional provider practice patterns to develop recommendations for improvements.
• Consults with, educates, and trains providers on innovative alternative reimbursement programs.
• Requires a BA/BS in business or a related field and a minimum of 3 years’ provider/community relations and 2 years training and development or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Travel may be required.
Preferred skills, capabilities, and experiences:
• Prior work experience supporting individuals with I/DD.
• HR experience in recruitment, retention, and training preferred.
• Experience in Provider Relations and/or provider practice improvement preferred.
• Managed Care experience preferred.
• Good communication, Self-Starter and able to work independently.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.