- Manage group of 15 non-clinical UM associates (medical management specialists who are overtime eligible), including coaching, onboarding, and auditing related to group.
- Hire, train, coach, counsel, and evaluate performance of direct reports.
- Direct implementation and administration of health care programs.
- Prepare and communicate information to appropriate parties regarding health care programs, procedures, changes and government mandated disclosures.
- Supervise workflow and performance of Health Services staff (includes preparing operational reports)
- Ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide quality control services by monitoring work results of direct reports.
- Perform audits to monitor efficiency and compliance with policies.
- May act as liaison between Medical Management and internal departments
- Respond to telephone and written inquiries from members, internal departments or external providers
- Develop and implement associate training.
- May be assigned to special project work consistent with the role and dictated by the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Managed care experience
- Healthcare management experience, including case management and utilization management experienced
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills
- Prior management experience
- Customer service experience in healthcare related setting
- Medical terminology training
- Experience with community-based organizations and local county health departments
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.