Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
HealthCore, Inc. works with life sciences companies, payers and providers, and government and academic organizations to provide real-world evidence in support of a wide variety of healthcare decisions. HealthCore is a proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies and delivers unparalleled clarity and actionable information to healthcare decision makers. The Sr. Researcher is responsible for prospective and retrospective health services and economic research activities under the direction of the project leads for Elevance Health champions. Priority research areas include informing clinical solutions and business strategies to improve health holistically, evaluation of policies and program to encourage efficient and effective health care use, social determinants of health/health related social needs, and digital health solutions
The preferred locations for this position are the Wilmington, DE and Newton, MA offices, remote option is available.
How you will make an Impact
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead or support the design and execution of pharmacoepidemiology research, including post-authorization safety, risk mitigation, and active monitoring studies
- Provide epidemiology subject matter expertise and lead or support research activities related to scientific study design, application of appropriate statistical methods, interpretation of results, reporting, and communication of results.
- Lead and/or contribute to the development of protocols, statistical analysis plans, reports, and publications.
- Lead or support the development of detailed specifications for study databases and analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures; communicates requirements to the programming group
- Conduct review of administrative claims data and statistical output to ensure the superior quality of research activities and client deliverables.
- Lead or support initiatives that leverage and enhance HealthCore’s research environment.
- Publish research findings and present at professional scientific meetings.
- Present the company’s epidemiology expertise to prospective clients and support business development activities, including proposal development.
- Excellent communication skills and work well in a team environment
- This position requires a masters or doctoral level degree or relevant education in health sciences and/or equivalent training in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or a related field, plus experience (1 or more years of experience required depending on position level).
- Ph.D or MD preferred. Postgraduate or post-doctoral training or relevant experience in conducting health research preferred.
- Superior knowledge of epidemiology study design and statistical methodology preferred.
- Experience leading research teams in the design and execution of pharmacoepidemiology studies preferred.
- Experience with healthcare claims data and knowledge of advanced statistical methods used in the evaluation of healthcare claims data preferred.
- Experience with consulting for the life sciences industry preferred.
- Proficiency in SAS statistical software is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in R statistical software is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency using the Panalgo Instant Health Data (IHD) tool is strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail, adaptable to changing priorities, innovative in conducting statistical analysis, and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects to ensure their quality and on-time delivery preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.