Location : Brentwood, TN.
Hours : Standard with an on-call rotation
Build the possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact:
Responsible for installing, configuring, testing and maintaining systems that automate, measure or manage other standardized processes and tools within Technology and Operations.
How you will make an impact:
- Performs assigned tasks to complete simple to moderately complex customer requests for configuration, testing and/or delivery of desktop software applications and standardized Operating Systems components and patches to production desktops.
- Provides support to IT users of desktop management tools and 3rd level Helpdesk support for resolution of Sev1/Sev2 outages, based on SME status.
- Interface with software vendors to resolve desktop toolset issues of simple to moderate complexity.
- Participates in meeting to advance routine desktop configuration initiatives.
- Creates a shared sense of direction and community among the teams.
- Prioritize and manage actions to meet changing deadlines and requirements within a high volume, high stress environment.
- Test functionality of new Desktop management software tools under evaluation as direction.
- Support audit requirements as requested by other team members.
- Perform level I systems administration of selected desktop management applications.
- Ability to solve problems through systematic analysis of processes with sound judgment.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 2 years of PC, computer networking, telecommunications experience or troubleshooting software/hardware problems; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with database management, software, software configuration and operating systems strongly preferred.
Preferred Skills, Experiences and Capabilities:
- Experience with M 365 is a plus.
- Experience in analyzing operations, including project management through implementation and support.
- 2+ years technical experience with telephone systems/software is highly preferred.
- Ability to function in a multi-system Microsoft environment using Word, Outlook, the Internet, and department software applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resiliency in adapting to a variety of situations and individuals while maintaining a sense of purpose and mature problem-solving approach is highly preferred.
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure and the configuration and use of the environment.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.