The Information Security Sr Advisor (Application Security) Develops, recommends, and implements enterprise information security policies, technical standards, guidelines, procedures, and other elements of an infrastructure necessary to support information security in compliance with established company policies, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted information security controls.
Preferred Location: Richmond, VA | Norfolk, VA | Indianapolis, IN | Mason, OH | Atlanta, GA
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the selection and delivery of strategic network security, access control and secure transaction/messaging solutions.
- Leads system and network architecture support for information and network security technologies; leads development and execution of risk assessment methodologies to fit business, regulatory, and technical environment considerations; leads the development of requirements, system architecture, and software design of security products and services; leads the development of strategies for discovery, evaluation and response to new networking attacks; develops security incident response plans and strategies
- Provides trouble resolution and serves as point of technical escalation on complex problems.
- Creates presentations and seeks IT management approval and acceptance of significant replacements or reconfigurations of major security systems serving the Enterprise.
- Sets vendor strategy and direction.
- May be assigned to project teams for technical consultation to business partners and developers.
- Designs & engineers comprehensive access management and network security technical solutions based on business requirements and defined technology standards; works with architecture to update technology direction & strategy.
- Develops reports supporting strategy and direction for management.
- Capable of serving as technical merger & acquisition lead.
- Acts as a subject matter expert among peers, with manager and senior management.
- Must be capable of providing top-tier support for 5 or more of the information security technology common body of knowledge skill sets: 1) Access Control, 2) Application Security, 3) Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning, 4) Cryptography, 5) Information Security and Risk Management 6) Legal, Regulations, 7) Compliance and Investigations, 8) Operations Security, 9) Physical (Environmental) Security, 10) Security Architecture and Design, 11) Telecommunications and Network Security
- Requires BS/BA in information Technology or related field of study and a minimum of 8 years experience in systems administration and security aspects of information systems, access management and network security technologies, network communications, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management, hardware, software, data, and people; experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required; requires broad-based experience to plan and design highly complex systems; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to drive security business project efforts and keep the delivery on track (project management skillset)
- Full stack knowledge
- Secure coding experience with .NET, JAVA, Pega.
- Experience with API security
- Demonstrated experience in designing security solutions for critical enterprise applications
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of industry-accepted controls and concepts as applied to access management and network security technologies, hardware, software, data, network communications, and people
- Strategic vision for security, ability to identify weaknesses and develop remediation plans and strategies
- Experience with claims and policy holder systems possessing extremely large amounts of ePHI and ePII.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.