The Manager CareMore BH is responsible for the performance of Behavioral Health (BH) Programs within CareMore both regionally and nationally. Provides oversight of BH service delivery models to ensure competence, quality, and effectiveness. Collaborates with physician leaders. Responsible for direct and indirect oversight of BH clinicians. Also serves as a practicing psychiatrist.
This is a regional manager role and we are seeking to fill two positions. One position will manage a team of Nurse Practitioners and Psychiatrists in the East region and one position will manage a team of Nurse Practitioners and Psychiatrists in the West region.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, directs, and implements clinical and non-clinical strategy for BH programming and service models, in collaboration with other regional BH leaders.
- Ensures processes and quality checks are built within programming and evaluated regularly for effectiveness.
- Works to unify the strategy across the company to capture and enhance synergies and provide standardized care and models.
- Ensures correct key performance indicators (KPI) are tracked and intervened upon.
- Acts as a practicing psychiatrist, with direct clinical responsibilities.
- Provides treatment to patients with psychiatric needs.
- Responsible for innovation within BH. Conducts evaluation of current programming and makes data-driven decisions to evaluate opportunities and the need to drive change/pivot.
- Communicates and advocates for change and builds consensus around new strategies and directions.
- Provides innovation within BH to provide better patient care and effect better outcomes, such as reduction in bed days and readmissions. Ensures costs and quality are optimized.
- Serves as a representative, resource, consultant, and voice for CareMore BH both internally and externally.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for BH in assigned region, providing guidance for clinical programing and operations.
- Establishes and enhances relationship with BH vendors.
- Provides clinical support and direction to BH clinical and non-clinical staff. Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Requires an MD or DO and minimum of 7 years of clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires current unrestricted medical license to practice medicine in a state or territory of the United States.
- Board certification approved by one of the following certifying boards is required: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry.
- Medicare eligibility required.
- For CareMore business units, satisfactory completion of a Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $220,552 to $400,476
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.