The Strategic Advocacy Director is responsible for building, managing, and growing multiple enterprise and business unit specific strategic advocacy programs via grassroots and grasstops to support and enhance efforts to influence federal and state legislative and regulatory outcomes and advance other business needs.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Partners with federal and state government relations and business unit leaders to proactively identify public policy and business unit priorities in need of strategic advocacy supports.
- Develops and implements strategies that leverage best practices and cutting-edge capabilities to continuously enhance strategic advocacy function.
- Develops concise, precise and compelling communications to motivate key stakeholders, directly and via aligned third parties, to contact local, state, and federal elected officials and regulators (and other entities) on public policies that align with the company's core business priorities and other strategic business needs.
- Manages and develops content for multiple communication platforms (e.g., websites, newsletters, social media, etc.).
- Manages consultants and vendors for multiple grassroots and grasstops platforms, including development and maintenance of financial budgets.
- Identifies, secures and executes earned and paid media through consultants and aligned third-parties to influence legislation, regulations, and other strategic business needs.
- Coordinates with national and state trade associations, coalitions, and industry partners to amplify the impact of strategic advocacy programs.
- Develops and maintains data-driven tracking of strategic advocacy programs, including key performance indicators.
- Regularly provides updates on the impact of strategic advocacy programs to Public Affairs leadership and other internal key stakeholders.
- Represents the company on sponsored formal and informal advocacy coalitions.
- Requires a BA/BS in a related field and a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 10 years of experience leading corporate advocacy programs is preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.