Title : Care Consultant
Location : Nashville TN, with a 25% - 50% travel requirement.
Hours : Standard
Build the possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact:
This position will manage Practice Transformation Coaching and program integration aimed to improve health outcomes by addressing members’ nonmedical risk factors also known as Social Drivers of Health (SDOH). Responsible for providing support to providers to improve the effectiveness and efficiencies of provider practices to address needs such as housing, education, and transportation. The Health Starts Initiative includes three programs: Provider Partnerships, Workforce Development Exploration, and Closed-Loop Referral System.
How you will make an impact:
- Obtains and analyzes quality metrics and reports for care opportunities, supports practice implementation of care coordination and care management, identifies action plans for providers to implement to improve cost, quality and the patient experience and participates in design, development, and implementation of community learning forums.
- Collaborates with Patient Centered Primary Care team including but not limited to: engagement manager, clinical liaison, provider contractors and network relations reps to meet provider and practice service needs.
- Actively participates in developing program recommendations and action plans (Internal).
- Supports the efforts of providers and practice teams on office based care delivery interventions resulting in cost of care savings and improved health outcomes for patients.
- Promotes practice transformation to team based patient centered care delivery.
- Provides education for practices to develop expertise with metrics and data review for quality improvement.
- May participate in various community and multi-department committees to assure effective program implementation.
- Tracks progress of program and prepares status reports to management or senior management.
- Maintains up to date knowledge on Patient Centered medical Home, Care Delivery System Redesign and Accountable Care Organizations.
- Requires a BA/BS and a minimum of 3 years health care experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Physician environment experience in practice transformation/quality improvement, ambulatory care setting quality and efficiency metrics, and electronic health records strongly preferred.
Preferred Skills, Experiences and Capabilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are highly desirable.
- Strong experience with presenting to groups of varying sizes and public speaking are highly desirable.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.