Location: Cerritos, CA
The preferred locations for this position are Cerritos, CA
Will consider highly qualified candidates from other locations. This position will take part in Elevance Health’s hybrid work model and is eligible for a remote work schedule.
Responsible for full delivery of end to end system development and maintenance on medium Enterprise wide technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Epic Technical Managers, directors, infrastructure to understand requirements, Install and configure Epic EMR for Epic Operational Database(IRIS Cache). Perform installations, upgrades, patching, Epic Cache & Client Systems Components, and maintain proper documentation throughout the processes
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Leads requirements gathering meetings and reviews designs with the business.
- May implement improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across major business-critical systems.
- May implement process to reduce barriers and roadblocks in projects, services, and processes in order to operate more efficiently.
- Owns the change request process and coordinates with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and supervises the preparation of technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Responsible for delivery of application technology solutions and data information planning effort.
- Coordinates and manages on-call support and owns the system monitoring process.
- Owns the technical development environment and works on the Enterprise team.
- Leads multiple or large projects and facilitates large group JAD sessions for requirements, modeling in several disciplines.
- Leads vendor evaluation and analysis.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 7 years related experience; multi platform, multi-dimensional experience, and expert level experience with business and technical applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience mentoring others and provide troubleshooting support strongly preferred. Multi database and/or multi language strongly preferred.
- 6+ years of Epic Client system admin and Epic operational Database Administration experience.
- Certification Required: Epic Operational Database Administrator and Client Systems Administrator: Hyperspace & Hyperspace web
- Experience in working in Epic EMR as an Operational Database Administrator, and Client system administrator with required certification
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $104,112 to $208,244
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.