Special Programs Case Manager I
Please Note: This is a Remote, patient-member facing role in the state of Georgia.
Responsible for performing case management telephonically/virtually within the scope of licensure for special programs, such as Adoption Assistance and Foster Care. Manages overall healthcare costs for the designated population via integrated (physical health/behavioral health) case management and whole person health.
How you will make an impact:
• Conducts assessments to identify individual needs.
• Develops comprehensive care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
• Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost effective care and modifies plan(s) as needed.
• Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the member in terms of integrated (physical and behavioral) whole person care.
• Coordinates social determinants of health to meet the needs of the member and incorporates that into care planning. Works closely with various state agencies.
• Maintains knowledge of the system of care philosophy; a spectrum of effective, community-based services and supports for those with or at risk for mental health or other challenges and their families, that is organized into a coordinated network.
• Builds meaningful partnerships with designated populations and their families, and addresses cultural and linguistic needs, in order to help them function better at home, in the community, and throughout life.
• Evaluates health needs and identifies applicable services and resources in conjunction with members and their families.
• Provides important information including patient education, medication reconciliation, and identification of community resources and assists with arrangement of follow-up care.
• Requires MS/MA in social work, counseling, or a related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing and minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in social work and/or counseling with broad range of experience with complex psychiatric diagnoses, autism, and substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Current active unrestricted license as an RN, LCSW, LPC, LMFT, or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in Georgia is required.
• LAPC, LAMFT, LMSW (as allowed by applicable state laws) is also acceptable in addition to other licensure referenced above; and any other state or federal requirements that may apply.
• Travel may be required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
• Experience working with specialty populations – DFCS and adoptive families/children
• Clinical experience in social work and/or counseling with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.