The Tech Project Manager works with business partners to identify and implement multiple technical projects of varying sizes, as defined by Company methodology, such as broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development, building enterprise applications or data warehouse planning and development. Manages projects at least $1M in size or equal complexity. Directs system analysts, software designers and programmers to determine best methods to achieve project objectives. Works with moderate guidance and is responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems. Operates within defined parameters using project management methodology.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- manages the development of a prescribed planning document
- develops project charter
- partners with sponsors to secure project approval
- develops communication management plan
- defines project team roles and responsibilities, develops work plan structure and project schedule
- develops deployment plan; leads project meetings; identifies, documents and prioritizes scope changes and facilitates approval process
- maintains and updates all project documents
- secures the appropriate skill sets for project
- sets and manages expectations with resource managers and team members
- provides performance feedback to team members and resource managers
- maintains issue log and facilitates resolution of issues
- executes communication plans
- regularly reports status of reports
- manages and monitors ROI throughout the project lifecycle
- tracks and manages time and budget against plan
- develops testing strategy
- conduct project close-out activities
- prepares and participates in quality review checkpoints; obtain/secure and archive necessary approvals
- manage and update project plan; and performs other duties as assigned
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years project management experience in broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and development with 2 years spent working in a lead role on one or more projects; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment and communicating effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Requires experience working with project management tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools.
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) strongly preferred.
- Experience with ServiceNow, Atlassian tools, DevOps Tools (Bamboo, Bitbucket, Selenium, qTest, etc.), Tableau reporting preferred
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.