Location : Remote/Nationwide - The territory for this position is the West Region market. Therefore, it is highly preferred that the selected candidate resides in CA, TX, NV, AZ, CO, NM, or WA.
How will you make an impact:
The Health Information Manager is responsible for identifying opportunities to deliver affordable quality care to members through regional management and analysis of data and transforming business intelligence into tactical action plans. Provides strategic recommendations for improving health care affordability to executives and professional clients. Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Establishes relationships and collaborates with the data warehouse leaders and analysts and other subject matter experts in establishing business rules and monitoring adherence.
- Translates data trends into strategic recommendations for program development and action plans.
- Provides business expertise regarding the appropriate use of data elements and cooperates with reporting personnel from other areas to establish and maintain these common business rules.
- Works with regional leadership to develop and communicate regional data/analytics action plans; assists in planning initiatives to address areas for improvement identified through data analysis and business expertise. Collaborates with business user to define media, frequency and audience for distribution of information. Evaluates and triages potential projects and studies based on the value, cost benefit analysis and the urgency of the request.
- Manages projects through coordination and negotiation with internal and external clients in a highly matrixed environment.
- Performs strategic data analysis and research to support business needs.
- Provides oversight over regional business team analytical quality and risk adjustment projects as needed.
- Develops detailed understanding of relevant business processes, goals and strategy.
- Acts as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Makes strategic recommendations to regional quality leadership.
- Providing consultation and making presentations are major parts of this job. Influences and negotiates with all levels of management.
Minimum Requirements: BS/BA degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in analysis and reporting with a minimum of 2 years of broad based practical business experience within a business unit; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. Experience in managed care and data analysis is required.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications & Experiences:
- Understanding of multiple data sources and formats is strongly preferred.
- Experience pulling reports and analyzing claims based data (e.g., medical coding)
- Expert level spreadsheet and database skills is strongly preferred. Excellent knowledge and understanding of standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages strongly preferred. Understanding and application of Excel functions and macro tools to help solve complex problems is strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning, and oral and written communication skills strongly preferred. Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization strongly preferred. Advanced degree in business, science, or health research preferred.
- Medicare quality and Stars experience (e.g., HEDIS, Member/Patient Experience, Access, etc.) preferred; Medicare Risk Adjustment experience preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $91.732 to $173.808
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.