Project Mgr. Health Plan Implementation & Managed Care Experience
Location: Candidate can sit anywhere in the US (remote)
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 5 pm
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
The Beacon Health Options National Implementations team has an exciting opportunity for a strong Project Manager to join a team of project management professionals who are responsible for the implementation and expansion of health plan and state partner programs. If you are a confident, positive leader who values partnership and has healthcare experience, we would love to talk to you!
The National Implementations Project Manager is responsible for working with business partners to independently implement small to medium client implementation projects or work as part of a project management team for large, complex client implementation projects. Works with moderate guidance and is responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems. Operates within defined parameters using recognized project management methodology.
How you will make an impact:
- Manages projects utilizing a prescribed set of tools and processes, modified as applicable to the project.
- Develops project charter.
- Partners with sponsors, functional leaders and clients to secure project decisions and approvals.
- Develops communication management plan.
- Communicates project team roles and responsibilities, develops work plan structure and project schedule.
- Executes and manages the project per defined project schedule
- Develops operational readiness and go live plan.
- Leads internal and client cross functional project meetings.
- Identifies, documents, and prioritizes scope changes and facilitates approval process.
- Maintains and updates all project documents.
- sets and manages expectations with resource managers and team members.
- Provides performance feedback to team members and resource managers.
- Maintains risk and issue log.
- Mitigates risks and facilitates resolution of issues.
- Executes communication plans.
- Regularly reports status of projects, per plan.
- Partners with project stakeholders to develop testing strategy.
- Conduct project close-out activities.
- Prepares and participates in quality review checkpoints.
- Obtain/secure and archive necessary approvals.
- Manage and update project plan.
- Requires a BA/BS in a related field and minimum of 3 years professional project management experience, which at least 2 years are spent leading and directing project tasks; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred skills, capabilities and experiences:
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a positive, effective team culture, build strong relationships, solve problems and issues in a matrix environment and communicate effectively at all levels of an organization is strongly preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Experience working in a lead role on one or more projects strongly preferred.
- Health plan implementation experience preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $72,960 to $131,328
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.