Hours: Monday-Friday 9:30 am- 6:00 pm in Mountain Standard Time
Location: This position will work in a remote position. Ideal candidates will live within 50 miles of one of our PulsePoint locations.
The Behavioral Health /EAP Consultant I is responsible for providing 24/7 Behavioral Health and Employee Assistance services to up to approximately 10 million lives.
How you will make an impact:
· Supports Employee Assistance Program (EAP) service department by responding to initial customer contacts and request for services;
· receives client request, assesses situation, determines appropriate course of action.
· Provides telephone and/or on-site support for crisis intervention, assessment, short term problem resolution and referral to appropriate provider(s).
· Manages Critical Incident Stress Debriefing requests.
· Assesses members and assists them in accessing behavioral healthcare benefits available under their health plan.
· Applies specialized knowledge in substance abuse, domestic abuse, grief counseling, workplace problems, and management consultation.
· Provides employer consultation to supervisors, managers, and Human Resources of the EAP contracted organization.
· Manages shared mailbox that is used by clients and external vendor to forward information that must be reviewed and placed in documentation system.
· Requires minimum of 3 years of direct psychiatric and/or substance abuse experience and prior managed care experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Current unrestricted license such as (but not limited to) LPC ( as allowed by applicable state laws), LCSW, LMSW, LMFT, LMHC, or Licensed Professional Counselor, in applicable state(s) required.
· MA/MS preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.