Location Work From Home
The Health Policy Director will be responsible for leading a portfolio of public policy issues addressing Medicare.
The Health Policy Director’s primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a portfolio of public policy issues focused on Medicare Advantage. As part of this work, the Health Policy Director will work with internal leadership and subject matter experts to develop public policy analysis and recommendations in support of enterprise goals and objectives;
- Fostering relationships with Public Affairs staff, business leaders, and subject matter experts to ensure policy positioning supports Elevance Health’s goals and reflects and leverages all resources and expertise;
- Monitoring and evaluating proposed legislation and regulations, while identifying public policy issues, assessing the impact, and developing recommendations and/or recommended solutions;
- Leading the development of analysis and feedback in response to proposed Federal regulations and certain subregulatory guidance. In addition, the Health Policy Director will be responsible for drafting comment letters, including comment letters in response to the annual Advance Notice and the Parts C and D proposed regulation;
- Developing public policy issue briefs, persuasive advocacy materials, talking points, or fact sheets, as needed;
- Working with Compliance and Regulatory Affairs teams, ensuring these teams have timely information needed to move forward on the implementation of key legislation or regulations;
- Participating in workgroups hosted by external industry/trade organizations; and,
- Serving as a resource to Elevance Health associates.
- BA/BS in a related field
- 5 years of experience in policy development or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Direct experience working on Medicare Advantage health policy issues
- Experience analyzing and developing clear and concise communications addressing policy proposals, legislation, and regulation
- Strong analytical and communications skills, including the ability to translate complex ideas into understandable and compelling written and verbal communications
- Experience leading and developing comment letters in response to complex proposed Federal regulations and significant sub-regulatory guidance
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment focused on collaboration and achieving consensus, in support of collective priorities and goals
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, self-motivated, and capable of managing multiple policy issues and projects simultaneously.
- Advanced degree in public policy, public health, law, or a related field
- Experience in working with the following Medicare policy issues: Stars and risk adjustment
- Experience working on the Advance Notice or the annual Parts C and D proposed regulation
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.