Location : This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations.
The Program Manager is responsible for the development and ongoing management of one or more multi-year external client facing programs within a business unit. Program managers typically support business strategies through an integrated portfolio of external client facing projects or initiatives. This individual will function as the operations lead with state and region focus between local partners and business and manage execution and oversight of business strategy and objectives in assigned states.
How you will make an impact:
- Manages and coordinates the development, approval, implementation and compliance of on-going external client facing programs
- Develops program budget
- Ensures program meets its stated objectives
- Provides subject matter expertise in response to day to day external client facing business issues.
- Researches applicable subject matter practices and remains aware of industry trends.
- Manages external client facing relationships and partners with corporate and regional business areas.
- Coordinates training related to external client facing program
- Develops program success measures and performs periodic assessments of program success
- Focuses on the strategic planning with Local Markets to improve underlying cost position and support achieving long-term growth plan.
- Identification and analysis of cost trend drivers in market to deliver affordability and value in our communities.
- Liaison between needs of our shared service partners and alignment of Local Markets to innovate and synergize priorities.
- Prepare timely and accurate presentations and reports using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel.
- Identify and manage project team/area behavior and trends that that may negatively impact the timely delivery of schedule and/or outcomes
- Establish and lead calls and/or workstreams for assigned projects.
Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 5 years external client facing experience in program/project management; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences :
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Project management certification preferred
- Healthcare experience, most notably in Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans and BlueCard Policy and Procedures is highly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of data analytics, project management, project execution, process improvement and change management experience (strategic and execution) strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and problem-solving skills strongly preferred.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills with the proven ability to negotiate expectations between multiple parties.
- Experience in business/product/network development and/or marketing.
- Proven ability in time management and effective follow-up skills in a fast paced and high demand environment
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $85,280 to $153,504
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.