*Hybrid Work Eligible*
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
The Senior Director, Enterprise Technology Strategy is part of the Technology Strategy and Enterprise architecture team and will be responsible for updating and maintaining the Enterprise Technology strategy to support the growth and enterprise transformation towards elevating whole health for members and communities. This role will work closely with business and technology leaders, enterprise architects, enterprise strategy and divisional CIO teams to ensure technology strategy is always current and integrated with enterprise, divisional and other domain strategies for delivering exceptional constituent experiences.
This role will ensure technology strategy of the divisions aligns and integrates with the current enterprise technology strategy and working closely with the business and enterprise architects towards maturing enterprise capabilities and value streams or customer journeys. This role has a significant impact in application of technology in delivering exceptional experiences for our members and communities. Role ensures integrated technology strategies and roadmaps to support the prioritization and decision making of investments in enabling secure, and scalable technology platforms for innovation and differentiation with new products and services.
How you will make an impact:
- Responsible for development and maintaining of the Elevance Health technology strategy that integrates with the enterprise business strategy and a technology capability maturity model to ensure enablement of growth and profitability with digital technologies.
- Ensure technology domain roadmaps are aligned with the enterprise technology strategy and the associated governance.
- Maintain the strategies for enterprise technology domains and ensure effectiveness with measurement of results and outcomes.
- Apply technology towards enablement of the business strategy and support technology leadership with integration with enablement of an effective operating model across a federated technology organization.
- Inform business strategies and help to shape enterprise transformational roadmaps.
- Interface with key strategic partners and solution providers to align on enterprise strategies; develop strategies and facilitates performance measurement plans to optimize partner outcomes.
- Lead development of technology plan and forecast.
- Direct multiple work functions that ensure the alignment of strategic planning with IT project execution to ensure realization of major objectives.
- Support compliance and any necessary integration of government regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and business partners; especially business and technology strategy leaders across the divisions.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports in developing the function for technology strategy.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 8 years of IT management experience, experience in function/area being managed, experience managing multiple tasks and projects; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- 10+ years of IT management and strategy experience
- Healthcare industry experience is strongly preferred
- Extensive experience in enterprise architecture and leading technology strategy
- Demonstrated experience in technology transformation and integration with enterprise strategy
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.