Anthem Blue Cross is a proud member of the Elevance Health's family of companies offering Medicare plans, Medicaid, individual and family plans, and group insurance plans in California. Our group plans include a variety of group medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, life and disability plans, and are flexible enough to fit any size business.
PROGRAM MANAGER, REGIONAL HOUSING STRATEGY
LOCATION: California in any of the following locations: San Francisco, Oakland, Santa Clara, Los Angeles, Fresno, Sacramento
The Regional Housing Strategy Program Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and ongoing management of a homeless and housing strategy for Medi-Cal membership. This includes developing an approach to assist individuals in securing accessible/affordable housing through Federal and local programs; working to identify and establish relationships with homeless Continuums of Care (CoCs), government agencies, housing/homeless service providers, and advocacy groups; developing policies, processes, and workflows; coordinating with team members on day-to-day program operations; and coordinating program status and evaluation efforts. The Program Manager will support business strategies through an integrated portfolio of internal and external client-facing projects or initiatives and may have responsibility for contributing to the development of larger enterprise/regional external client-facing programs.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
• Manages and coordinates the development, approval, implementation, and compliance of ongoing internal/external client-facing programs relating to housing and homelessness
• Develops and implement a work plan to establish partnerships with housing/homeless service providers.
• Develops program budgets, ensures programs meet stated objectives, develops program success measures, and performs periodic assessments of program success.
• Provides subject matter expertise in response to day-to-day client-facing business issues.
• Manages external client-facing relationships and partners with corporate and regional business areas to promote program success.
• Supports the implementation of the Housing and Homelessness Incentive Program (HHIP).
• Acts as a liaison between housing agencies and the health plan, and works with these agencies to assist members with their housing needs.
• Develops and implements training specific to affordable housing/homeless services.
• Researches applicable subject matter practices and remains aware of industry trends.
• Requires a BA/BS and a minimum of 5 years of external client-facing experience in program/project management; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
PREFERRED SKILLS, CAPABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCES
• Experience in developing housing/homeless policy at a local, state or federal level; experience assisting special populations (i.e., seniors, people with disabilities, people with mental health or physical health conditions) to secure affordable housing or homeless services through Federal and local programs; or equivalent background.
• Experience and knowledge with the CoC program including Coordinated Entry Systems (CES), Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS), and other homeless response system components.
• The ability to leverage knowledge and experience of affordable housing programs for identified populations at a local, state and federal level to identify and develop housing opportunities.
• Experience in working with the Medi-Cal population.
• Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Graduate degree.
• Project management certification.
• Must have strong PC skills (Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook)
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $85,280 to $153,504
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.