This position could primarily be remote, but proximity to an Elevance Health major office (pulse point) is a plus. Elevance Health supports a hybrid workplace model with pulse point sites used for collaboration, community, and connection.
Do you love data? Do you enjoy the challenge of wrangling data and figuring out innovative solutions to automate, combine, transform and model data? Then we’d love to talk to you about applying your skills to solve data challenges in on the Talent Insights team. This role is crucial to leveraging data (Inclusion & Diversity, Culture & Engagement, Productivity, Recognition, Performance, Talent, Attraction, Learning and Surveys) to develop strategy to attract, develop and retain Elevance Health’s workforce of the future.
The Talent Insights Consultant Senior is responsible for executing and advancing out workforce analytics strategy, serving as a key contributor and active advisor to the business.
We are looking for a savvy People Data Analyst/Data Scientist and Python Developer to join our team of people analytics experts. They will be responsible for unearthing insights and advanced analytics around our people data, including but not limited to text/sentiment analysis, survival analysis, regression, machine learning, and artificial intelligence development. The ideal candidate is an experienced people analyst and data wrangler who enjoys figuring things out, producing actionable insights, and building Python code from the ground up. The Data Analyst/Scientist must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of delivering advanced analytics and leveraging our AWS/Workday environment to support critical people strategies that impact our associates and HR policies.
How You Will Make an Impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Combine and leverage multiple people data sources to unearth advanced analytics outcomes.
- Build analytics tools in Python/AWS that use our data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, flight risk, and other key business performance metrics.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Work with IT and HR stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Ensure associate and HR data is protected and secure.
- Work with data and analytics experts across the enterprise to achieve to greater functionality and efficiency in our data systems.
BA/BS in business or math related field and a minimum of 10 years data collection and analysis experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Proven ability to find innovative solutions to “figure things out.”
- BA/BS in computer science, business, math, industrial management/engineering or related field.
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Strongly prefer knowledge of HR processes and people-related data.
- Knowledge of Workday and Prism platforms preferred
- Advanced knowledge of data tools including or similar to: SQL, Python, R, AWS, EC2, Redshift, REST API, Java
- Ability to design and develop complex mappings, session, workflows, and identify areas of optimizations.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large datasets.
- Strong ability to code independently and with high performance on significant Python projects
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management, ideally using Python when appropriate
- Strong verbal/written communication, with ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority.
- Strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $99,520 to $179,136
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.