Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Responsible for programming on specific application subsets of the company's application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
How you will make an impact -
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
• Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary.
• Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
• Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
• Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
• Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
• Assesses current status and supports data information planning.
• Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
• Maintains technical development environment.
• Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
• Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
• Supports vendor evaluation.
Minimum of 5 years experience with multi dimensional platform, business and technical applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Experience leading people, small projects and provide troubleshooting support strongly preferred. Multi database and/or multi language strongly preferred.
• Engage with business clients and partners to gather, analyze, plan and develop business requirements
• Ensure IT. development & enhancement projects stay within budget.
• Provide oversight and coordination of onshore and offshore contractors' level of effort, design and development work. This will include review of the deliverables produced by the contractors and ensuring that the project timelines are being met.
• Act as technical advisor and "go to" resource for assigned LT. projects. As part of this role, the resource will have to be the technical subject matter expert for the PEGA applications and will be responsible for ensuring that the projects are being delivered without compromising the quality
• Facilitate and collaborate with interfacing systems and teams.
• Initiate and track escalations and follow up until closure. Any project related escalations ( design gaps, missed timelines, compromised quality) will need to be tracked in the project status manual reports or tools such as JIRA and will need to be mitigated by working with the impacted teams in a timely fashion
• Participate in architectural discussions & meetings to define the solution for the projects and come up with a scalable design
• Identify opportunities to fine tune the application and improve the system performance.
• Triage applications issues (when identified) and work with respective teams for resolution.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.