Aspire Health is the nation’s largest provider of home-based palliative care. We partner with health plans and physicians who share our vision of providing comprehensive, collaborative medical care to offer relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of serious illness in the comfort of a patient’s home.
The is a remote, Monday - Friday standard business hours role.
The Medical Officer is responsible for contributing to market clinical strategy, excellence and quality, and/or clinical oversight in all care provided by the clinicians reporting to this Medical Officer. This role is a regional management role for the clinical leadership career path. Responsible for managing staff, as well as, performing administrative work.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists market leadership in developing and executing comprehensive and coordinated clinical programs, improving clinical excellence and quality, and/or providing clinical oversight for all care provided by the regional Aspire Health Interdisciplinary teams.
- Provides direct patient care in one or more areas as physician as needed to support the regional teams.
- Collaborates with regional care management and social work as a part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides support for the Joint Operating Committee meetings with key stakeholders (payers) in the region of responsibility. Develops and improves training practices and materials.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Requires MD or DO and completion of residency such as Internal Medicine, Family Medicine. Fellowship training and Board Certification in Palliative Care is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a practicing physician in palliative care, hospice, or geriatric medicine.
- Requires current unrestricted medical licensure in applicable state(s) and board eligibility or board certification.
- Unrestricted DEA registration is required.
- As this role will include patient contact, satisfactory completion of a Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position.
- Also, COVID vaccination, applicable recommended booster series, flu vaccine and/or other vaccination is required (or a specific waiver signed by a personal physician).
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.