The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for delivery of end-to-end development and maintenance of complex, multi technology platforms and automation pipelines within assigned group, business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms
How you will make an impact
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for of end-to-end development and maintenance of Enterprise-wide technology platforms, pipelines, and cloud infrastructure
- Maintains alignment with internal stakeholders, product development, business and other enterprise teams to determine devops & infrastructure technical requirements for automation and infrastructure
- Leads technical requirements for automation and infrastructure gathering meetings and reviews designs with the business.
- Leads the release and deployment change process and will coordinate with other teams as necessary
- Recommends and implements improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across major business-critical systems
- May implement process to reduce barriers and roadblocks in projects, services, and processes to operate more efficiently
- Develops and defines DevOps scope and objectives and supervises the preparation of technical and/or functional specifications from with pipelines and infra. being written.
- Performs technical reviews and architectural reviews with the product teams.
- Ensures source code merge processes are complete and meets the test plan technical requirements for automation and infrastructure, system testing is completed, and system is implemented according to plan.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years related experience; multi dimensional platform experience; expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Strong working knowledge with CI/CD concepts and tools
- Good understanding of Agile methodology and Release management process
- Experience working in Docker or OpenShift 4 or EKS as well as Helm preferred
- Experience supporting Java and/or .NET-based applications from development through operation
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coach & train Junior SRE/DevOps engineers
- Experience deploying and supporting core AWS services including IAM, EC2, RDS, Route53, as well as networking and storage technologies.
- Fluency in IAC tools such as Terraform, Packer, and CloudFormation strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of containerization and familiarity with Kubernetes concepts.
- Understanding of webservice and event-based application design patterns
- Experience using a configuration framework such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet to manage Windows and/or Linux-based workloads
- Good understanding of cloud networking, load balancing, identity policy management, firewalls, etc.
- Strong experience with Atlassian Suite (Bitbucket, Bamboo) for pipeline configuration and CI/CD automation.
- Terraform and CloudFormation experience for Infrastructure as a code is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Kubernetes or ECS or Redhat OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) based container services
- Experience with EC2, AMI’s and related app/web server configuration.
- Experience with Kubectl and HELM chart-based deployments
- Security scanning integration experience (to the CI/CD pipeline) is a plus.
- Any understanding of related tool is a plus
- Gitlab experience is a plus
- Application Performance Monitoring/ Configuration experience is a plus
- Working with Elastic search, dashboards like Grafana, Prometheus is a plus
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.