Responsible for working for a VP and above to identify, develop and propose planning and strategy to improve results based on continuous needs assessment.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for working with staff VP-level and above to drive planning and strategy aimed to improve results based on continuous needs assessment and in-line with organizational strategy
- Supports business case development and portfolio planning process, working to frame investment rationale
- Partners with executive leadership to define our strategy and success criteria for the future, framing clear options and trade-offs for leadership decision
- Translates strategy into defined tactics, programs/projects, priorities and timelines and ensures alignment and support from enablement partners in Product Strategy and IT
- Creates and presents extremely high quality presentations to executive levels
- Oversees definition development and implementation of metrics to report and monitor progress against goals and ensures plan of record supports strategy milestone deliverables
- Monitors, measures, and communicates delivery against business strategic plan and the quality of outcomes
- Research relevant trends and activities in their area of expertise and works with business leadership to further define business strategy and sustain a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Collaborates with senior team and staff to develop tactical plans and communication strategies
- Often acts as decision maker on projects or provides guidance to senior team on complex issues
- Serves as a representative on enterprise and cross-functional initiatives
- Provides coaching and mentoring to other leaders and junior team members on strategic thinking and on projects that deliver high return and high strategic value
- Champion's breakthrough projects to transform our current business environment into industry leading best practice organization
- Often takes responsibility for approval of all projects sponsored by their Executive Sponsor
Requires a BS/BA degree in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of related experience including 3 years of leadership/management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Master’s degree
- Prior strategic planning, management consulting, and process improvement/project management experience
- Business knowledge in multiple disciplines within a Healthcare organization
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $115,520 to $199,272
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.