Wellness & Recovery Specialist
Remote: Must reside in Massachusetts or surrounding states: Connecticut, New Hampshire and Rhode Island
* This position requires a current/active National or State Peer Certification at the time of application*
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care. Beacon Health Options is a proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies. As a Wellness & Recovery Specialist, you will be responsible for care coordination and/or care management activities focused on the Wellness and Recovery of Amerigroup members.
How you will make an impact:
- Identifies opportunities for engagement of member and their families in forming a supportive recovery network.
- Develops and implements provision of onsite psychiatric discharge planning education at Recovery and Resiliency sites.
- Collaborates with Stabilization Teams as a member advocate in discharge planning education, resolution of barriers and service transitions.
- Acts as a resource for staff on decision making and problem solving.
- Initiates and maintains contact with assigned individuals and providers to determine member’s response to services.
- Requires AA/AS.
- Minimum of two years of experience in health services, behavioral health field, or in a peer support services role.
- Any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Peer Certification required
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences
- Knowledge of care-coordination and case management concepts
- BA/BS or MBA preferred
- Experience within the community
- Previous experience as a Peer Specialist
- Self-started and motivated
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.