Location : The territory for this position is the State of Texas. The selected candidate must reside in DFW, El Paso or San Antonio, TX. San Antonio, TX is highly preferred.
**Travel is required once a month within the State of TX, with 1-2 nights stay. If the selected candidate resides in a location within one hour away from an office, he/she will be required to work from the office once a week.**
How will you make an impact:
The Health Promotion Consultant Sr. is responsible for the development, implementation and continued maintenance of population based health promotion and disease management programs. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Sets regional strategies related to a standardized approach to preventative health management activities.
- Serves as community liaison and participates in county and community coalitions that involve strategic planning and implementation of public health programs that benefit low income populations.
- Analyzes the health education needs of members via the contractual needs assessment and implements as plan to resolve deficiencies.
- Links members to local health and social services programs.
- Manages internal and external communications as they relate to health promotion/disease management programs and initiatives.
- Serves as a liaison with employers, vendors and providers so that programs and data are shared appropriately.
- Designs and coordinates community activities to increase enrollment and retention of plan members and ensures a positive image of state sponsored programs.
Minimum Requirements: Requires a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 4 years of clinical experience in health care/managed care and with data analysis and interpretation; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills & Experiences:
- Master in Public Health
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred.
- Ability to comprehend medical policy and criteria to clearly articulate health information is strongly preferred.
- Health promotion or community health experience
- Working knowledge of Medicare, HEDIS, Stars measures
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.