220 Virginia Ave Indianapolis, IN
The Business Legal Specialist is responsible for supporting a broad range of legal, transactional, governance, and administrative matters for our company’s corporate secretary team. A successful candidate will have experiences in maintenance of reporting systems, creation of presentations, support of complex projects and integrations, and the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment, prioritize a dynamic workload and possess excellent judgment. The ability to maintain confidentiality and to operate in the role with the highest of ethical standards and professionalism are required.
Primary duties will include:
- Provide strategic support for corporate governance projects related to subsidiary companies, including assisting with entity and board management databases and creation and maintenance of workflow tools, operational tools and reporting.
- Provide strategic support for various projects managed by the Corporate Secretary’s team, including assisting with due diligence for financing transactions, fact checking, documentation gathering, and various other inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the preparation and tracking of biographical affidavits for officers, directors, and key management personnel (and build, support and maintain access and collaboration systems related to such documentation).
- Prepare supporting information related to the Company’s M&A activity related to subsidiary governance.
- Provide administrative and strategic support for board meetings, including assisting with meeting logistics and preparation of board materials, travel arrangements, event planning and maintaining board member information.
- Support the maintenance of virtual and hard bound corporate record books.
- Support the team’s use of, migration to, or build-out of data base tools, workflow tools, and other systems that increase efficiency.
- Liaise and communicate effectively between multiple stakeholders in-person, via phone, email and mail with a sense of empathy and understanding to achieve the common and strategic goal of the team.
- H.S. diploma and a minimum of 2 years of legal or related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experience:
- BA/BS highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills are preferred, as this role will collaborate closely and build relationships with others across the organization, including executives and directors.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a customer-oriented focus and the ability to provide clear and succinct updates on work to team members, colleagues and executives preferred.
- Knowledge of collaboration tools and process automation with the ability to incorporate into existing processes is preferred.
- Experience with corporate governance and workflow tools preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience with skill in Microsoft Excel, Office and PowerPoint (including pivot tables, charts and template building in order to facilitate analysis and reporting), and proficiency at Adobe Pro preferred
- Expertise in the use of technology, and ability to learn new software systems, competence with use and advancement of documentation management systems, shared databases and other workflow tools preferred.
- Skilled at problem solving, ability to scope and provide structure to complex issues, rapidly learn unfamiliar processes, and provide insightful and timely remediation preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 5% of the time preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.