Come join a growing team dedicated to the idea that advanced analytic talent can truly impact cross-functional initiatives by linking insights with action. In this role you will employ agile and iterative techniques to develop insights that make their way into production level workflows. You will collaborate with a talented team of researchers particularly focusing on finding opportunities for innovation to make our discovery processes more efficient and effective.
Employ advanced analytics to gain critical insights into member behavior drivers and preferences, product/program concepts and value propositions, operational effectiveness and efficiencies, client specific health gaps and needs.
Consult business leaders and internal partners to apply the insights to test and drive product innovation and enhancement, to target the right members for the right service, to measure program outcome and demonstrate value, to help win and retain clients, and to support information based strategic decision making.
How you will make an impact:
- Provide analytical insights to support business solution development based on quality, use, cost and other key drivers
- Develop and refine analysis templates for problem diagnosis and opportunities assessment
- Consult on all considerations related to designing and executing tests or pilot programs
- Contribute to the design of new program/initiative based on test/pilot outcomes
- Develop targeting criteria or customer segmentation based on analytical insights, clinical inputs, product design and operations considerations
- Develop predictive models and other tools that help target the right members
- Develop methodology to measure clinical, utilization and financial outcomes of a program/initiative
- Conduct in-depth research to address challenging issues in measuring outcomes
- Lead applied research projects
- Author white papers, present at industry conferences and submit journal publications
- Address limitation of certain data sources and evaluates incremental value of new data sources
Requires MS, MA, or PhD with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Epidemiology, Engineering, Computer Science or Operations Research and a minimum of 5 years of experience in related health care analytics; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with developing expert modeling system for segmentation/stratification that supports customized strategies for different customer segments in a major industry highly desirable - healthcare, financial, database/direct marketing, online retails, consulting, etc.
- Substantial analytical experience in healthcare industry preferred.
- Advanced expertise with SAS or equivalent analytical tools and comprehensive experience with Teradata, SQL, or equivalent data base tools strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.