Come join a growing team dedicated to the idea that advanced analytic talent can truly impact cross-functional initiatives by linking insights with action. In this role you will employ agile and iterative techniques to develop insights that make their way into production level workflows. You will collaborate with a talented team of researchers particularly focusing on finding opportunities for innovation to make our discovery processes more efficient and effective.
Create statistical models to predict, classify, quantify, and/or forecast business metrics. Design modeling studies to address specific business issues determined by consultation with business partners.
How you will make an impact:
- Prepare analytical data sets in support of modeling studies.
- Build, test, and validate statistical models.
- Publish results and address constraints/limitations with high level business partners.
- Proactively collaborate with business partners to determine identified population segments and develop actionable plans to enable the identification of patterns related to quality, use, cost and other variables.
Requires MS, MA, or PhD with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, cognitive science, economics, or operations research, a minimum of 3 years direct experience programming large, multi-source datasets with SAS required, and a minimum of 3 years in health care setting; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Intermediate to Advanced expertise with software such as SAS Stat, SAS ETS, SAS Enterprise Miner or equivalents strongly preferred.
- Experience with Teradata, SQL, SQL Server, or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to design modeling studies and experience with data models, addressing data quality issues in study design, constructing robust and efficient analytical data sets strongly preferred.
- Significant experience in healthcare related field strongly preferred.
- The ability to present meaningful results to a business audience, to participate collaboratively in a team tasked to produce complex analyses on a rigorous schedule, to communicate with strong written and verbal communications skills, and to present to large multi-disciplinary audiences on a regular basis strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.