Aspire Health is the nation’s largest provider of home-based palliative care. We partner with health plans and physicians who share our vision of providing comprehensive, collaborative medical care to offer relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of serious illness in the comfort of a patient’s home.
This position will have regular travel in West Hartford, CT (Ellington, Tolland, Windham, and Winchester). Must live within a reasonable commutable distance.
Eligible for Sign On Bonus
Our Nurse Practitioners collaborate with our Lead Physicians, the patient’s other physicians and providers, and their family members to develop complex plans of care in accordance with the patient’s health status and overall goals and values. Aspire has a network of support in our Patient Care Center, which enables us to provide a comprehensive network of clinical and non-clinical support to you. In addition, our NPs take part in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings, call schedules and scheduled in-service and education sessions.
Primary duties to include:
- You’ll be providing the Aspire services in home settings, traveling within your designated territory to provide excellent care to a small number of patients daily.
- This means you will develop and implement clinical plans of care for adult patients facing chronic and complex conditions (e.g., co-morbid medical and mental health diagnoses, limited personal resources, chronic medical conditions.) You will gather history and physical exam and diagnostics as needed, and then develop and implement treatment plans given the patient’s goals of care and current conditions.
- An important element of the role is the ability to meet the patient’s and family’s physical and psychosocial needs with support and input from the Aspire inter-disciplinary team.
- Our NP/PAs educate patients and families about medication usage, side effects, illness progression, diet and nutrition, medical adherence and crisis anticipation and prevention.
- Each day, you will be in contact with other Aspire clinical team members, patients’ other physicians and patients’ other medical providers to coordinate optimal care and resources for the patient and his or her family – in a timely basis and consistent with state regulations and Aspire Health standards and policy.
- You’ll be supported along the way by our Patient Care Center, which provides another layer of interaction with the patient and patient families and provides our NP’s and PA’s clinical and non-clinical administrative support.
- Each day, you’ll maintain patient medical records and medical documentation consistent with state regulations and Aspire Health standards and policy through our EMR system.
- Participate in continuing education as required by the state where you reside.
- Prescribe medication as permitted by your state prescribing authority.
- Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner with appropriate certification and licensure in the state where you reside is required
- Possession of DEA registration or eligibility required
- CPR certification required
- Reliable transportation is required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- 2+ years of experience in home-based services, complex cases, and hospice and/or palliative care is preferred; some bedside hospital, oncology, ER or ICU experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills preferred to ensure that each of your interactions with patients, family caregivers, clinicians, and team members is effective and meaningful.
- Experience working with EMR (Electronic Medical Records) systems is preferred.
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish a plus.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.