A proud member of the Elevance Health, Inc. family of companies, CarelonRx leverages the power of new technologies and a strong, clinical-first lens, to deliver member-centered, lasting pharmacy care.
Manager, Accounting & Analysis, Controller for CarelonRx Pharmacy is responsible for financial and accounting oversight of CarelonRx Pharmacy, a front-end, digitally-enabled pharmacy with a home delivery offering. This candidate will lead the planning, directing, and coordinating of all accounting operational functions related to CarelonRx Pharmacy. Manager, Accounting & Analysis, Controller for CarelonRx Pharmacy should be intellectually curious and eager to learn while taking on a broad set of responsibilities.
How you will make an impact:
- Manages the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of business results
- Prepares comprehensive analysis of financial and statistical results to support senior management
- Coordinates and prepares financial statements for CarelonRx Pharmacy
- Manages the budget and forecasting process for CarelonRx Pharmacy
- End-to-end management/reconciliation of member and other payor receivable balances; facilitates collection of outstanding balances, monitoring aging reports and reports out on uncollectable balances; communicates with business partners on potential collection risks.
- Assesses current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluates the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Develops and monitors business performance metrics
- Hires, trains and retains key staff, with a focus on establishing bench strength
- Completes ad hoc analyses and presentations as requested
Requires a BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and minimum of 8 years of progressively more responsible experience in a Controller or senior financial management position with a medium to large healthcare or pharmacy company; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- CPA, CFM, CMA or other relevant designation required. MBA or Masters in Accounting preferred.
- Retail pharmacy experience
- Accounts receivable and financial operations experience
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $98,028 to $168,048
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.