Sales Account Rep I
Location: Roanoke or Richmond, VA
Responsible for supporting the Strategic Account Consultant in the retention of local groups. May also support the new sales team. The typical group size is 100-499 eligible or enrolled subscribers. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts meetings with group employees who have a choice of carriers and promote, sell, persuade, and influence associates to enroll in our products.
- Advises clients on developing and designing specific benefit plans that will best suit the client's needs in partnership with Strategic Account Consultant.
- Directs and coordinates benefit design issues and modifications with Operations and Membership Implementation staff to support client needs.
- Analyzes client needs and develops, designs, and recommends or implements product improvements or additions to increase sales.
- Supports Strategic Account Consultant to negotiate with the client and Underwriting regarding the price or rates for specific plans and options and develop alternative plans or modifications to lower the rates.
- Partners with Strategic Account Consultant to negotiate the quotes and works with members and brokers related to the actual selection and sale.
- Researches reasons for client decisions regarding the company and competitor products. If the competitor's product is more favorable, make recommendations to change the company’s products or pricing.
- Sells, promotes and influences companies or clients to add additional products or services to the existing account (upsell) in collaboration with Strategic Account Consultant.
- Exempt duties listed above must represent the majority of time worked to qualify for this exempt job.
- Acts on behalf of the Strategic Account Consultant to respond to client proposals and decision-makers during the negotiation and selection process.
- Responsible for projects outside the department on matters of significance with authority to represent the department.
- Develops relationships with existing accounts, members, and brokers and respond to inquiries.
- Requires a BA/BS; 1 year of related experience or an approved Sales internship; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Sales license required with in 30 days of hire.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.