The Regulatory Affairs Specialist is responsible for keeping up-to-date on laws/regulations that impact the business and ensuring that all areas of the organizational unit are aware of and in compliance with the various state and federal laws/regulations that apply to business operations. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of those federal laws/regulations that govern the business.
- Constantly reviews information about new laws/regulations and changes in interpretation on laws/ regulations obtained from various sources.
- Ensures that all affected organizational units are informed of new laws/regulations and how they impact the business.
- Produces concise and accurate written summaries of any new laws or regulations.
- Discusses new laws/regulations in a thorough, yet understandable manner.
- Performs original research on points of laws that may arise as issues of concern.
- Drafts policy or certificate language that complies with any new or changed law/regulation to assist in the implementation of new or changed products.
- BA/BS in a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experience:
- Tennessee Medicaid experience preferred.
- Rules and regulations experience preferred.
- Training in the legal field preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.