Responsible for directing a state or regional behavioral health services function. Responsible for one line of business and one or more states depending on size and complexity of the contract.
- Ensures appropriate utilization and administration and/or delivery of EAP or Behavioral Health services.
- May lead team(s) of clinicians providing direct care services.
- Directs assessments, provides appropriate referrals, and performs follow up to ensure the quality and appropriateness of services.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with providers, advocates and state partners and works to maintain quality outcomes, proper billing, and coordination of care.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional corporate teams which design and implement new care/case/utilization management programs.
- Develops and implements process and program redesigns.
- Leads multiple teams of clinicians charged with promoting quality member outcomes, to optimize member benefits, and to promote effective use of resources.
- Ensures adherence to all contract, regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Develops short/long-term objectives and monitors processes and procedures to ensure consistency with the enterprise and compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Collaborates with Care Management partners to resolve issues or find solutions.
- Manages budget and special projects. Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
*** Candidate MUST reside AND be licensed in the state of Maryland***
- Requires a MS in a mental health field (i.e. social work, counseling) or related field (i.e. nursing) and a minimum of 10 years of clinical experience including case management and leadership experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted license for specific profession (i.e. LCSW, RN,) as required.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.