Responsible for modernizing, maintaining and administering a best-in-class enterprise-wide business continuity program that allows for continued business operations and service in the event of a disaster, and accounts for the broad and evolving technology landscape of a Fortune 20 enterprise.
- Facilitate the development, execution and maintenance of the enterprise Business Continuity program
- Provide Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery SME, negotiation support and governance
- Work with Procurement, Legal, Vendor Management, Compliance, CISO and Business Leaders to support customer agreements, supplier/vendor agreements, regulatory reviews, internal and external compliance reviews and audits, including support for external stakeholder audit and compliance responses and due diligence for M&A projects
- Clean audit findings; remedy deficiencies by recognizing, socializing, and realizing necessary improvements
- Contingency and Disaster Recovery – knowledge of approaches, practices, tools and techniques for contingency and disaster recovery operations, and the ability to develop and execute contingency and disaster recovery plans
- Crisis Management – knowledge of crisis management concepts and techniques; ability to predict, avert, mitigate and recover from an event that has or could have a severely negative impact on the business
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking – understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately and reach productive decisions
- Effective Communications – understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Flexibility and Adaptability – knowledge of successful approaches, tools and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed
- Industry Knowledge – knowledge of the healthcare industry, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations
- Planning (tactical ad strategic) – ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan
- Requirements Analysis – knowledge of methods and techniques to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements; ability to analyze these requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project
- Develop, champion and implement leading business continuity planning strategies across the enterprise
- Serve as primary management point of contact and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for global issues related to business continuity
- Serve as resource and SME for issues relating to continuity of business operations
- Ensure critical business functions have viable, tested continuity plans accounting for the myriad of catastrophic disaster scenarios
- Lead strategic planning with business units in developing response and recovery plans
- Manage implementation and revision of plans
- Conduct audits and integrated tests of plans
- Make recommendations to increase efficacy
- Coordinate training and education of and serves on the corporate crisis management team
- Work collaboratively with internal shared services departments, in integrating plans to support business continuity
- Hire, train, coach, counsel and evaluate performance of direct reports
- Requires a BA/BS degree and a minimum of 10 years of related experience across multiple operations areas; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Demonstrated experience and success implementing enterprise BCP plans in a complex, highly integrated, hybrid-cloud enterprise technology environment highly preferred
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.