The Data Science Solutions Lead is responsible for participating in all phases of the design and development life cycle of analytic models, applications, and supporting tools, as well as providing consulting support to program portfolio sponsors.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Expert in architecting, leading the development and delivery of AI technologies for software solutions and ensure that technology deliverables are met based on business requirements
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
- Forms analytics platform components and/or processing components required to provide a business solution.
- Engage with business stakeholders to design and own end-to-end solutions to empower data driven decision making.
- Work with leadership to design and deliver technology requirements and Leverage data, technology, and quantitative methods to form products that inject analytics and insights into daily workflow of teams.
- Defines application scope and objectives, including impact to interfaces.
- Ensures appropriate data testing is completed and meets test plan requirements.
- Coordinates integration actions to ensure successful implementation.
- Mentors Data Science Sol Consultants/Sr. Lead analytical projects and pilots for upgrades or enhancements.
- Analyzes data sources to assess trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations.
- Leads technical teams and provide direction on all stages of a project the middle phases as well as implementation, and final proven leadership in the delivery and deployment phases.
- Translating between customer needs and product specifications
- Delivering production-ready engineering solutions, including requirements definition, architecture selection, prototype development, application design, enabling continuous integration and deployment pipelines (CI/CD), and preparing support and maintenance processes
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related disciplines;
- 5-7 years’ experience in predictive analytics and experience with software such as Hadoop technologies;
- 5-7 years of Teradata experience and complex SQL , or equivalent; Strong knowledge of BTEQ and multi-database preferred
- Or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in the healthcare sector preferred.
- Source code management experience and application deployment techniques within an agile development environment
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more modern Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) languages ( Java, Scala, Python ) including the ability to code in more than one programming language.
- 5+ years’ experience applying principles, best practices in programming APIs and RESTful web services
- 3+ years’ experience in developing enterprise level APIs leveraging python web frameworks, like Flask.
- 3+ years’ experience designing solutions that leverage container-based platforms such as OpenShift/Kubernetes
- 3+ years’ experience implementing real-time API integrations in private or public cloud environments ( AWS, Azure, GCP , etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience designing solutions that leverage real-time architecture; such as Kafka
- Experience with UNIX and shell scripting
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.