Business Analyst III
Location: Hybrid, 0-3 times per month in office.
Responsible for serving as the liaison between the business and IT in translating complex business needs into application software.
A proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies, CarelonRx (formerly IngenioRx) leverages the power of new technologies and a strong, clinical-first lens, to deliver member-centered, lasting pharmacy care.
How you will make an impact:
- Lead discovery and requirements refinement sessions to uncover customers’ business, functional requirements and synthesize requirements to create clear and comprehensive high level and detail business requirements with acceptance criteria.
- Analyzes complex end user needs to determine optimal means of meeting those needs.
- Determines specific business application software requirements to address complex business needs.
- Develops project plans, requirement traceability metrics and identifies and coordinates resources, involving those outside the unit.
- Partner with cross functional teams – business ,programming and testing staff to ensure requirements will be incorporated into system design and testing.
- Acts as a resource to users of the software to address questions/issues.
- May provide direction and guidance to team members and serves as an expert for the team.
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 5 years business analysis experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- PBM and pharmacy knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of requirement management tool like Blue Print or similar tools preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile/Safe practices preferred.
- Knowledge of systems capabilities and business operations is strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of business analysis process with strong communication, elicitation and requirement documentation skills strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize various tasks and work in fast paced changing environment strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.