Pharmacist in Charge
Location: (This position is based out of OH-MASON, 4241 IRWIN SIMPSON RD)
Responsible for overseeing daily business operations through mentoring pharmacists and providing leadership to clinical and non-clinical associates to maximize facility production in compliance with applicable regulations and promote cost effective drug use.
How you will make an impact:
- Coordinates daily scheduling issues and standards of practice for clinical and non-clinical associates.
- Provides work direction, training and development of associate.
- Contributes input to performance reviews.
- Acts as a liaison and interacts with other functional areas to lead development of technical process updates.
- Chairs project teams.
- Leads the creation and filling of staffing models to ensure regulatory compliance, based on business needs.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to facility Standards of Operating Policies (SOPs) and procedures and adherence to state and federal regulations.
- Requires a registered pharmacist and minimum of 3 years of experience in working with mail service operations; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current valid state license to practice pharmacy as an RPh required.
- For URAC accredited areas the following applies: Requires current active unrestricted license to practice pharmacy as Registered Pharmacist (RPh). Unless expressly allowed by state or federal law, or regulation, must be located in a state or territory of the United States when conducting utilization review or an appeals consideration and cannot be located on a US military base, vessel or any embassy located in or outside of the US. 3 to 5 years' experience in working with mail service operations or related pharmacy experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- PharmD preferred.
- Active pharmacist license or willing to get licensed in multiple states.
- Experience working in mail order pharmacy covering multiple states.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.