Performs analysis and research of systems and networks. Reviews detailed business and technical requirements to recommend technical solutions. This position will focus on AWS Automation.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Research, design, test, and evaluate new cloud technologies, platforms, and strategic partner products and services.
- Influence cross functional teams (application, platform, security, data, operations, infrastructure) through transformative changes
- Leverage cloud native and third-party tools to troubleshoot complex application issues
- Provide advanced expertise in all stages of software development, release, and operations.
- Develop Terraform modules to support application teams and provide the necessary security guardrails
- Develop CI/CD pipelines and branching strategies to enable automated provisioning of cloud resources to test and prod environments.
- Develop self-service capabilities to empower application teams
- Document instructional guides to reduce learning curve for service consumers
- Create and review technical and/or functional specifications for development efforts and oversee the end-to-end successful execution of those specifications
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews, to include cloud-based architecture and integrations
- Demonstration and lead development of CI/CD and DevOps best practices and compliance
- Proposes opportunities to improve results based on targeted or continuous assessment
- Participates in enterprise planning activity, including vendor assessment, technology platform selection and retirement, prioritization, and integration
- Stay current on cloud best practices and bring them to the attention of leadership for future progress
- Articulate advanced multiple cloud environment infrastructure (Compute, Storage, Network, Backups, DR, and Monitoring)
- Interface with software vendors for support as well as application and infrastructure teams
- Executes effective interpersonal skills, team-work attitude, and drives collaborative initiatives
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study
- Minimum of 10 years in one or more of the following: information systems, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management required;
- Significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required;
- Broad-based experience to plan and design highly complex systems;
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 8+ Years of Cloud Engineering experience with AWS or other cloud platform
- 2+ Years of Cloud Architecture experience
- 1+ years experience in Terraform module development; experience with Terraform Enterprise or Terraform Cloud
- 1+ years hands-on programming language experience ( Python, Java, Go preferred)
- Production experience in large environments using automation and configuration management tools like Terraform, Ansible and CFT required
- 2+ years of experience with Source Code Management and branching usage required
- 2-4 years experience architecting DevOps-based CI/CD deployment pipeline s required
- 1-3 years of experience with Event-driven, Micro-services, and Serverless development patterns in the Public Cloud preferred
- Experience re-architecting on-prem applications and migrate them to any/all CSPs infrastructure
- AWS certified Solution Architect required (GCP and Azure certifications as an optional replacement)
- Strategic thinking and execution
- Presentation, Communication, and Collaboration skills
- Analytical Thinking, Innovation, and Problem solving
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.