Director of Technology, Infrastructure Operations
Location : This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations.
The Director of Technology, Infrastructure Operations is responsible for the delivery of information systems and/or technology services that may include applications, networks, databases, help desk, etc. This leader will be accountable for the Production Operations and Clinical Technology Operations of the Care Delivery Business.
How you will make an impact:
• Interfaces with key Information Technology (IT) solution vendors; develops strategies and facilitates performance measurement plans to optimize vendor performance and outcomes.
• Develops Technology Plan and Forecast for an enterprise application, enterprise-wide tool, infrastructure, or a center or domain that is equivalent in scope and complexity, and/or manages day-to-day operations for a major portion of a functional area or department.
• Ensures disaster recovery and business continuity plans are implemented, monitored, and updated on a recurring basis.
• Directs multiple work functions/applications or major projects/programs with broad scope and strategic business impact.
• Establishes business objectives and integrates operational plans.
• Negotiates the resolution of intra-organizational issues in the balanced best interests of the business.
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key business partners.
• Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates the performance of direct reports.
Requires a BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field of study and a minimum of 7 years of IT management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
• ITSM experience is strongly preferred.
• Advanced experience managing large production and support teams.
• Experience managing incident problem change & release management processes.
• Ability to manage across geographically diverse associates and vendor partners is strongly preferred.
• Healthcare domain knowledge and Provider technology knowledge preferred.
• ITIL and/or Scaled Agile Certification preferred.
• Must have an advanced understanding of DevSecOps.
• Must have experience managing budgets and staff.
• Clinical or hospital facilities infrastructure knowledge is preferred.
• Must have experience with process improvement.
• Should be ITIL and/or Scaled Agile Certified.
• Must have strong relationship management skills.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below location, the salary* range for this specific position is $158,792 to $238,188.
Location: Cerritos, California
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase, and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements).
*The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, nondiscriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws. * The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remain in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.