Sign on Bonus: $5000
Work Location: Onsite in Norfolk, VA
Work schedule: M-F 8:00am to 5:00pm EST
How you will make an impact:
Responsible for providing health coaching to members, across all brands, with chronic diseases.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to :
- Conducts behavioral assessments to identify individual member knowledge, skills, and behavioral needs.
- Coordinates specific health coaching as directed by nurse case manager to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment. Implements coaching plan by using behavior change principles to identify member barriers and develop ways to overcome those barriers.
- Coordinates with the nurse case manager to provide feedback on member goal attainment and clinical issues.
- Monitors and evaluates the interventions and modifies.
- Requires BA/BS in appropriate field of specialization (examples such as Health Education, Exercise Physiology, Respiratory Therapy or Dietician) and minimum of 3 years of related experience in health education, exercise instruction, or patient education; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Certification, advanced certification, and/or license appropriate to field of specialty as required.
Preferred Capabilities, Skills and Experiences:
- Prior experience in health coaching, disease management and knowledge of behavioral and/or clinical assessment techniques, health and/or patient education and behavior change techniques preferred.
- Understanding of disease management principles preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.