Associate Director Business Intelligence
Location: This position will work in a hybrid model (remote and office). The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations and be willing to work Eastern Standard time to meet the needs of our clients.
The Associate Director Business Intelligence is responsible for the reporting and analysis of data to support our Commercial business to drive performance improvement.
How you will make an impact:
- Lead and develop analytical capabilities to drive business insight.
- Create PowerBI dashboards promoting deeper insight to business performance.
- Conduct advanced analytics to retrieve, compile, and analyze large volumes of data from disparate databases into distilled, actionable information to inform senior leadership.
- Makes business decisions based on statistical information.
- Determines and implements solution for data findings.
- Provides information found in data for continuous process improvement.
- Mentors and coaches other metrics associates.
- Provides strategic direction, technical assistance and consultation to others in the use of data.
- Develops strategy and vision related to metrics and improvement efforts.
- Collaborates on maintaining and updating metrics planning and analysis tools and ensures metrics are aligned to performance goals.
Requires BA/BS degree in business or math related field and a minimum of 10 years of data collection/analysis experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- 2 years of experience with PowerBI and SQL highly preferred.
- The ability to work independently and make recommendations based on statistical analysis highly preferred.
- Ability to transform complex outcomes to easily understood content preferred.
- Financial management experience preferred.
- Health insurance industry experience highly preferred.
- Advanced Certification in process improvement and process control competencies, such as Lean, Six Sigma Black Belt/Master Black Belt or ITIL Advanced Certification preferred.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate and present analytical data to all levels of management strongly preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $102,560 to $184,608
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.