The Principal Scientist is responsible for providing leadership to Carelon Research in areas including health economics and outcomes research, pharmacoepidemiology, and clinical research. In this role you will be the subject matter expert in therapeutic area or methods. Enables the research, design, development, conduct, results interpretation, external publication and presentations of real-world evidence research projects. These projects will drive, accelerate, and differentiate Carelon Research’s value in the external market
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Represents Carelon Research Life Sciences Research teams as the senior scientific leader working on industry-sponsored post-approval medical product research studies to fill gaps in real world evidence.
- Provides direct scientific contributions to Carelon Research’s business development strategy and supports identification and securing of new opportunities from industry that translate into awards.
- Builds relationships internally within the parent company, Elevance Health, and Carelon subsidiaries to identify and execute on opportunities that translate to actionable insights and value for the enterprise.
- Advances the strategy and planning for annual organizational scientific initiatives, as well as conducts independent research, publishes research findings, and presents at professional scientific meetings.
- Provides scientific mentorship to junior members of the research team to promote career and professional development.
- Requires a MS, PhD, or equivalent in epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or related field.
- 10+ years experience in the field of epidemiology, clinical research and/or health services research.
- Prior experience working within the biopharmaceutical industry, federal regulatory agencies and/or payer organizations preferred.
- Doctoral degree (MD/DO, PharmD, PhD) preferred.
- 5+ years patient care experience preferred.
- Experience with health economics and outcomes research.
- Experience with life sciences preferred.
- Prefer experience with scientific writing.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.