Title: Licensed Utilization Review II
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). Ideal candidates will live within 50 miles of one of our PulsePoint locations.
The Licensed Utilization Review II will be responsible for working primarily with healthcare providers to help ensure appropriate and consistent administration of plan benefits through collecting clinical information required to preauthorize services, assess medical necessity, out of network services, and appropriateness of treatment setting and applying appropriate medical policies, clinical guidelines, plan benefits, and/or scripted algorithms within scope of licensure. This level works with more complex elements and requires review of more complex benefit plans. May also serve as a resource to less experienced staff. Examples of such functions may include: review of claim edits, pre-noted inpatient admissions or, episodic outpatient therapy such as physical therapy that is not associated with a continuum of care, radiology review, or other such review processes that require an understanding of terminology and disease processes and the application of clinical guidelines but do not require nursing judgment.
How you will make an impact:
- Conducts pre-certification, inpatient, retrospective, out of network and appropriateness of treatment setting reviews within scope of licensure by utilizing appropriate medical policies and clinical guidelines in compliance with department guidelines and consistent with the members eligibility, benefits and contract.
- Develops relationships with physicians, healthcare service providers, and internal and external customers to help improve health outcomes for members.
- Applies clinical knowledge to work with facilities and providers for care-coordination.
- May access and consult with peer clinical reviewers, Medical Directors and/or delegated clinical reviewers to help ensure medically appropriate, quality, cost effective care throughout the medical management process.
- Educates the member about plan benefits and contracted physicians, facilities and healthcare providers.
- Refers treatment plans/plan of care to peer clinical reviewers in accordance with established criteria/guidelines and does not issue medical necessity non-certifications.
- Facilitates accreditation by knowing, understanding, and accurately applying accrediting and regulatory requirements and standards.
- LPN, LVN, or RN
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical or utilization review experience
- Minimum of 1 year of managed care experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current active unrestricted license or certification to practice as a health professional within the scope of practice in applicable state(s) or territory of the United States required.
- Current unrestricted license or certification in applicable state(s) required.
- Knowledge of the medical management process strongly preferred.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $21.49/hr. to $43.00/hr.
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ;
New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply: Associates in this role are expected to
have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.