This position is hybrid and requires candidates to work onsite on Tuesdays. Ideal candidates will live within 50 miles of one of our Chesapeake office. (Candidate should anticipate to work a hybrid schedule. 3 days onsite & 2 days remote)
Location: 1434 Crossways Blvd, Suite 150, Chesapeake, VA
Hours: 12:00 pm-8:30 pm Tuesday-Saturday
*Shifts beginning after 12pm are eligible to receive a 10% shift differential
Triage EAP Consultant I is responsible for providing assistance, services, resources, referrals, and consultation on various Employee Assistance Programs and work/life issues to support our Military One Source contract. Military One Source offers all active-duty service members and their family non-medical counseling services free of charge, such as stress management, decision making, communication, grief, blended-family issues, and parenting-skills.
How you will make an impact:
Candidate in this position will need to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality, sensitivity, compassion, and respect for service members and their families and ensure that Military One Source Program remains free of any political bias and will ensure consistency of service regardless of installation, or any other factor.
This is a telephonic role that is part of a 24/7 call center department, incumbents should expect to take a high volume of calls and meet contract performance guarantees. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Conducts comprehensive assessments of user’s need for core EAP and work/life services, such as childcare, parenting, eldercare, education, general research, short-term problem resolution, legal, financial, employment assistance, emotional well-being, relationships and communication, health and wellness, work issues and other specialty and add-on services.
• Deescalates callers, navigates resources, resolves complex concerns, assesses, and takes action in crisis situations.
• Identifies high-risk cases and responds as indicated under the direction of management.
• Documents cases into the system.
• Performs follow up calls and reporting as necessary.
• Monitors research, referrals, and additional materials sent to users/customers.
• May work on special projects based on business needs.
• Education & Experience: Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or other Mental Health field required; 1 - 3 years of clinical or healthcare work experience required; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
• US Citizenship is required
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.