The Business Info Developer Consultant Sr is viewed as an expert in the development and execution of data mining analyses.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Identify new opportunities for different line of business's based on data analytics outputs.
- Participate idea intake / new concepts discussion and help Data Science Department better understand the business background and requirements.
- Provide day-to-day support on business / policy / data related questions through model development process.
- Conduct internal review on model outputs and recommend solutions for refinement.
- Undertakes complex assignments requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
- Develops very complex and varied strategic report applications from a Data Warehouse.
- Establishes and communicates common goal and direction for team.
- Establishes and maintains advanced knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, and data integrity issues.
- Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Monitors project schedules and costs for own and other projects.
- Develops and supports very complex Data Warehouse-related applications for business areas requiring design and implementation of database tables.
- Conducts training on use of applications developed.
- This job is focused on spending time thinking about programming and how it would be used to design solutions.
- Requires a BS/BA degree; minimum of 6 years experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Expert level PC, spreadsheet, and database skills, as well as experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages is strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization is strongly preferred.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.