Strategic Sales & Account Advisor – Small Group
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of the Indianapolis, IN PulsePoint location .
The Strategic Sales & Account Advisor is responsible for acquiring new individual and small group business, retention and growth of current business, and daily operational oversight of all designated broker accounts in assigned Indiana territory.
How you will make an impact:
- Develops and executes overall strategy for acquiring new individual and small group business and renewing existing accounts.
- Achieves sales targets for new business through brokers.
- Manages the annual renewal process, drives opportunity for additional growth and product sales, and coordinates all internal partners as required.
- Ensures accounts receive excellent customer service.
- Cultivates trust-based relationships and develops comprehensive understandings of client needs and priorities.
- Acts as a consultative collaborative partner with brokers, consultants, and key decision makers.
- Continuously updates knowledge in a rapidly changing environment.
- With general supervision, provides sales and retention knowledge to individual and small groups and is able ask for and accept guidance when needed from leadership and/or team members acting as a resource.
- Requires a BA/BS and a minimum of 2 years of sales experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Sales license and appointment required upon hire or is required to be obtained and appointed within sixty (60) days of hire.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Capabilities
- Experience with office tools, cloud-based software, social media & collaboration tools strongly preferred.
- Ability to learn and become familiar with the industry and product at the local, state, and federal level preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.