*This is a remote position based out of Virginia. The successful hire must be licensed and domiciled in Virginia as per contractual agreements. There will be some quarterly in-person meetings as determined by business needs.
The Manager of Behavioral Health – Virginia is responsible for leading a Behavioral Health Case Management team. Primary duties may include but are not limited to: Serves as a resource for medical management programs. Identifies and recommends revisions to policies/procedures. Ensures staff adheres to accreditation guidelines. Supports quality improvement activities. May assist with implementation of cost of care initiatives. May attend meetings to review CM process and discusses facility issues. Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
Responsibilities for BH CM may include:
- Manages a team of licensed clinicians and non-clinical support staff engaged in telephonic outreach to members;
- oversees staff assessing, developing, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating care plans designed to optimize member health care across the care continuum and ensuring member access to services appropriate to their health needs; monitors and evaluates effectiveness of care plans; manages case consultation and education to customers and internal staff for efficient utilization of BH services;
- supports process improvement and quality assurance activities;
- ensures adherence to appropriate departmental policies, care management best practices, relevant clinical standards, and member contracts; facilitates collaboration across departments to ensure cost effective and quality member care.
- Requires current, active, unrestricted license such as RN, LCSW (as applicable by state law and scope of practice), LMHC, LPC, LMSW, LBA (as allowed by applicable state laws), LMFT, or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in applicable states or territory of the United States.
For Government business only: LAPC, and LAMFT are also acceptable if allowed by applicable state laws and any other state or federal requirements that may apply; provided that the manager's director has one of the types of licensure specified in the preceding sentence. Licensure is a requirement for this position. However, for states that do not require licensure a Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA) is also acceptable if all of the following criteria are met; performs UM approvals only, reviews requests for Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) services only, and there is licensed staff supervision.
- Prior experience in Managed Care setting required.
- MS in social work, counseling, psychology or related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing and minimum of 5 years of clinical experience with facility-based and/or outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment and extensive experience in case management and telephonic coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience applying clinical and policy knowledge on the continuum of Behavioral Health treatment strongly preferred.
- Certification as a Case Manager is preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.