Responsible for very sophisticated statistical analysis to support actuarial and underwriting decision-making.
- Designs and develops unique approaches to information analysis which allow management to draw conclusions about the relative performance of products, providers, networks, partners, etc., and pinpoint the opportunities and the potential for improvement.
- Designs, develops, and implements statistically valid tests for internal and external assumptions for healthcare Cost Savings.
- Designs methods that take into account the justifiable causes for variation in medical costs (age, sex, illness, severity, etc,) and develops reports that summarize this information in a way that management can use it to make actionable decisions.
- Contributes to planning by determining what information is necessary to make valid decisions, generating the necessary information, and analyzing the information and making recommendations.
Requires BA/BS in related field and 5-7 years of increasingly responsible professional experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to share information or negotiate with management and those outside the company and to motivate/coach other staff.
- Strong PC skills preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.